Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 13

Picked up the car from Mayfair. There were quite a few other people in the same boat so I am glad I was there a bit earlier than the 10 am I indicated. Luckily they were able to upgrade me to a black BMW. The only problem is that it is a big squeeze to fit in all of our suitcases but we will live with that! What a godsend the Tomtom was, even just from getting from Mayfair to the hotel to pick up the bags. It was also great for getting out of London as there is no way I could have done it with a street directory.
We drove for a couple of hours before arriving at Arundel Castle, which is owned by the Duke of Norfolk. It was quite impressive as some of the rooms were used when Queen Victoria visited. Took us about 2 ½ hours to walk around and check it out.


Hopped back in the car and headed to Rottingdean near Brighton. Encountered a major accident along the way (not caused by me) which delayed us by ½ an hour. Had to turn around and take another route, which the Tomtom assisted greatly. The hotel we are staying at (the White Horse) is right on the white cliffs next to the traditional stony beach.

1 comment: